Senior Full Stack Engineer, Continuous Authentication at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:04 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, June 2, 2021
Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers, for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here.
What's the opportunity?
As we scale Auth0 and handle billions of logins per month, we also have to deal with billions of attacks. Almost 40% of our traffic are bots trying to get access to our customers accounts and our job is to not let that happen.
At the same time we want to provide a great experience to our users and let them know when something suspicious is going on: someone logged in from a device that was not seen before; from a place that would be impossible based on previous activity; from a TOR node; etc.
Finding the right balance between security and user experience is a hard problem to solve. This is the mission of the Continuous Authentication team.
Did that spark any interest? Read more about our vision and how we hire.
- Dive deep into our data to make sense of new attacks vs legit patterns.
- Partner with our design team to convey this data in a user friendly way.
- Become an expert in fighting hackers and botnets.
- Strive for high availability and performance by continuously tweak the engine.
- Learn about the errors and incidents in production while participating in the on-call rotation.
- Identify and resolve production issues and implement fixes for them.
You might be a good fit for this role if you:
- 7+ years technical and engineering experience with the following:
- Expertise in ES6 & Node.js.
- Familiarity with React, Babel, and webpack.
- Strong UX sensibility Ability to work independently as well as within a small, fast-paced Global team.
- Excellent communication and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Development in AWS (Route53, EC2, S3, Kinesis, Fargate, CloudFront).
- Working within a continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) environment.
- Familiarity with unit testing, Test-Driven Development, and Behaviour Driven Development.
- Working knowledge of modern identity protocols and standard like OpenID Connect, OAuth2, and SAML.
- Awareness of the importance of security on design decisions.
- Learn and integrate new technologies quickly.
- Have exposure to data intensive systems with high performance in data retrieval.
- Have created public APIs and you enjoy the process of doing it.
- Are passionate about working on systems that are highly-reliable, maintainable and scalable.
- Are currently located in Canada.
- Experience in Node.js, Typescript, React.js.
- Have 2+ years of experience in the identity and access management (IAM) domain.
- Know about security engineering, and application security.
- Have experience running PostgresQL in a large-scale production environment.
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description