Senior Graphics Engineer, Desktop at Unity Technologies
Desktop is the platform of development. It’s where developers do their best work. Our mission in the Desktop Platforms team is to ensure Unity is the best tool for game development, regardless of the final target platform. We ensure Unity is the best runtime for PC games on both servers and clients. We encourage creators of all skill levels to get started with Unity game development and empower those developers to successfully distribute and monetize their games.
We’re looking for a Senior Graphics Engineer, ideally who is familiar with a modern rendering API, to join our small but skillful team in Bellevue. The Desktop Graphics and Performance team is responsible for the underlying graphics technology of every single Unity game, application and experience running on Windows, Mac or Linux-based systems. Joining this team means you will be working on the core of one of the most popular game engines in the world, as well as extending your expertise of real-time interactive content into markets such as machine learning, automotive, VR & AR, and more.
- Develop solid and performant engine systems
- Maintain existing systems, improving performance, testability and stability
- Work with cross-functional teams to bring new engine features to desktop platforms
- Partner with existing rendering engineers in the development of Unity
- Advanced C and C++ programming language knowledge
- Advanced shader programming and graphics API knowledge
- Windows, Mac and/or Linux programming experience
- Multi-platform programming experience in games or middleware
- Experience with metal graphics API
- Experience with MacOS development
- Knowledge of Computational Complexity and related Mathematics
- Experience using Unity’s engine and tools
- Experience with C# development
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.