Senior Graphics Engineer, Shader Language
Have you ever built your own shading language, meta-language or transpiler? Do you enjoy designing and implementing domain specific languages for complex real world, large scale use cases? Do you want to empower thousands of graphics engineers to harness the ever growing power of graphics hardware on current and future platforms via a scalable and maintainable system?
Would you like to enable daring visuals that inspire generations to come, sitting next to top industry talent, at a company that cares deeply about work-life balance?
As a Graphics Engineer at Unity working on our shader systems, you will help build future generations of graphics technology. You will help us expand them to empower Unity game developers to craft incredible visual experiences. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and high-energy team to create the best and most technologically-impressive real-time experiences and games in the world.
Experience the excitement of Unity real-time graphics by exploring samples from our projects from the Heretic, Reality versus Illusion, the Book of the Dead, the Spaceship Demo, Adam: Episode 1, Episode 2 and Episode 3, the Automotive Reveal, The Big Hero 6 series (Baymax Dreams of Too Many Baymaxes, Baymax Dreams of Bed Bugs, Baymax Dreams of Evil Sheep), and the Megacity Demo, as well as the Neon demo.
You can also learn about the latest in Unity Graphics from our keynotes from GDC 2019, Unite LA 2018, Unite Berlin 2018, GDC 2018. Real or renderered? Real-time ray tracing. Introduction to the Lightweight Render Pipeline. Creating your own shaders with Shader Graph. Fast particle rendering with VFX Graph.
Stay tuned for even more amazing graphics coming in the near future!
- Design, implement, and maintain an advanced shading language.
- Develop and maintain production-quality code, public documentation, and tests.
- Design powerful and extensible public APIs.
- Collaborate with a cross-discipline team and work closely with developers to create a fast and reliable shading system toolchain.
- Experience building or working with parsers and IL (i.e. LLVM, DXIL, SPIR-V)
- Familiarity with modern graphics shading languages (HLSL/GLSL/Metal)
- Modern graphics API knowledge (DX12, Vulkan, Metal)
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Computer Science degree and/or a degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with multiple graphics platforms (PC, console, mobile)
- System architecture design
- Experience using Unity’s engine and tools
- Experience working on real time shading tool chains for large projects
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook,Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.