Senior Graphics Test Engineer at Unity Technologies
Are you a highly motivated and talented Test Engineer, SDET or Technical Artist with an interest in Graphics? We want you to work alongside core Unity Graphics Programmers to ensure the functionality, stability, and usability of Unity as a primary tool and runtime platform for users.
You will provide feedback and quality guidance on new, often unannounced features and are responsible for ensuring their quality. This naturally includes testing if all the basic functionalities work, but also extends to discovering non-functionality based issues such as poor usability, workflow problems, or even hard to understand documentation. You will get to create art, code, and produce scenes during this process, utilizing all of your skills, with the complete creative freedom to approach this in whichever way you prefer.
- Provide feedback about the state of the Unity product in order to support development and inform development decisions
- Develop and maintain the test approach for your designated areas of the product
- Coach the development team on quality and quality practices
- Create sample projects and targeted demos to emulate real-world usage of new features
- Complete contextual exploratory tests determined by code changes in search of functional and non-functional defects
- Complete code reviews of test automation
- Work with customers to reproduce their bug reports in-house.
- Provide mentorship for fellow Test Engineers
- Experience in Test and/or 3D Graphics focused roles
- Prior experience using Unity
- Comfortable with reading and writing in C#
- Passion for Test/Quality Assurance as a discipline and career path
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with, or extensive knowledge of, 3D game graphics
- Strong understanding of test techniquest & test strategies
- Experience with test automation
- Experience in creating Environment Art for games
- Experience with competitor game engines
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.