Senior Hardware Reliability Engineer at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
The Hardware Reliability Engineering team is hyper-focused on the reliability and maintenance of the hardware powering the ServiceNow Enterprise Cloud. Our team works hard in a fast-paced and ever-growing environment, but we have fun doing it.
This role has a direct impact on the reliability of the hardware powering our Cloud. In this role you’ll be responsible for delivering root cause analysis for hardware failures, seeking out ways to improve reliability of hardware components, and developing methods to test and deploy reliability updates.
What you get to do in this role:
- You will perform root cause analysis for hardware failures and track trends for these failures and create action items for follow up
- Serve as an escalation point for the hardware break-fix team, assisting with rare or unusual hardware faults
- Develop and maintain documentation required for the team including repair guides and process documentation
- Troubleshoot firmware and configuration issues
- Develop scripts to support overall team needs, including methods to deploy configuration changes and firmware updates
- Coordinate with outside teams to develop methods for hardware monitoring and script development
- Work directly with hardware vendors for troubleshooting and RCAs
To be successful in this role you have:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years supporting enterprise hardware at scale, including troubleshooting and diagnosis of rare/first occurrence hardware faults
- 5+ years working in Linux in large scale environments, including kernel crash dump analysis, use of other OS diagnostics for troubleshooting
- 5+ years working with enterprise grade server hardware, including troubleshooting and maintenance
- Working knowledge of trend analysis tools such as Splunk, etc.
- Strong Linux scripting experience, including development of automation tools, information gathering scripts, monitoring scripts (preferably BASH, Python)
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.