Senior Infrastructure Software Engineer - Location Flexible at Dropbox
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:02 a.m. (PST) on Friday, February 5, 2021
Our Dropbox Infrastructure Engineering teams are passionate about building awesome products at massive scale. We've developed a set of values that enable us to do this. Specifically, we write phenomenal software and sweat the details, focus on impact, and create an enduring culture.
This role will focus on our Identity system. This service owns account, team, and group state and is an area of crucial importance to any application code running on Dropbox.
We are reimagining and redesigning our Identity system to support critical use cases for customers of all sizes. We need a data model that supports federation, re-orgs, fine-grained permissions, trusted collaboration, delegated administration, hierarchical groups, off-team members on groups, and other enterprise features and scale to provide consistency and correctness. The changes will meet the unique requirements of the Enterprise market while serving our other market segments as well.
We care deeply about collaboration, feedback, and iteration. Trust and respect are deeply rooted in our engineering culture. At the heart of Dropbox lies the largest networked filesystem in history. We routinely tackle audacious challenges, often against competitors who have 10-50x our resources. On top of this foundation, we're crafting products that enable people to do amazing things with their stuff across all their devices. We hope you'll join us!
- You will build infrastructure to handle metadata for hundreds of billions of files, hundreds of petabytes of user data, and millions of concurrent connections
- You will scale Dropbox as the data-fabric which connects hundreds of millions of the world's apps, devices, and services
- You will measure and optimize as Dropbox continues to build one of the industry's most advanced analytics platforms to derive meaning from vast amounts of data
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 9+ years of professional software development experience
- Extensive experience building and owning large-scale, multi-threaded, geographically distributed backend systems
- Highly skilled at developing and debugging in C/C++, Java, or Go
- Knowledge of Python a plus
- Experience with operating system internals, filesystems, databases, network, compiler also a plus
- Familiarity with Linux
Read Full Job Description