Senior Infrastructure Software Engineer, Telemetry - Location Flexible - Veterans Encouraged to Apply at Dropbox (Remote)
The Telemetry Engineering team is building an efficient, user-friendly observability platform that empowers all Dropbox engineers with the insights to operate reliable and performant systems. The systems owned by the Telemetry Engineering team enable all Dropbox engineers to quickly diagnose software development problems and bring delightful products to market quickly.
- Build or integrate a high scalable, user friendly, performant logging system to provide a cohesive view of UI events, service logs and IT asset logs to security and product engineers.
- Re-imagine the architecture of the operational metrics platform used by all engineers at Dropbox to continue scaling year after year while pivoting to a multi metro design.
- Build client libraries and APIs to expose the full suite of metrics platform features to product engineers who develop products for Dropbox, HelloSign and DocSend.
- Build or integrate software to provide client side tracing, connect client side traces with server side traces and provide the ability to analyze historical trace trends.
- Help set quarterly and multi-year technical strategy for the Telemetry Engineering team.
- You will build high impact features while scaling a metrics system that handles 173.5 billion metrics per day.
- You will build and integrate the first operational data and event logging system at Dropbox
- You will collaborate with engineers across all of Dropbox to ensure that we’re building tools to increase engineering velocity
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience supporting, building and owning large-scale, multi-threaded, geographically distributed backend systems
- Highly skilled at developing and debugging in C/C++, Java, Go or Python
- Experience with operating system internals, filesystems, databases, network, compiler also a plus
- Familiarity with Linux and shell scripting
- Military veterans strongly encouraged to apply! Leadership, integrity, teamwork, and global perspective are just a few of the skills learned through Military service. At Dropbox, we value the experiences of current and previous members of the U.S. Armed Forces. This role is open to any qualified candidate, however we have identified that the qualifications for this role match many of those who have served in the U.S. military. If you are a veteran please be sure to mark your veteran status at the bottom of the application. You can read more about our commitment to hiring veterans at dropbox.com/jobs/Veterans.