Senior iOS Engineer, DEMS at Axon
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
As a mobile developer on our team, you’ll ensure our codebases interact with platform SDKs related to photos, videos, audio, file management, networking, WIFI and Bluetooth. You’ll write code that interacts with custom-made devices, such as Axon Body-Worn Cameras. You’ll ensure our codebase is performant and meets the highest data privacy standards.
You are a Senior Mobile App Developer
You drive engineering efforts to completion. You evaluate, plan, estimate, communicate and collaborate. You ramp up quickly, solve problems and resolve ambiguity. You are ready to candidly and respectfully share your wisdom and knowledge for the betterment of our team, our code and our product.
- Design, implement and maintain features within Axon View, Axon Capture, and related shared libraries.
- Participate in Scrum ceremonies.
- Collaborate within the Scrum team to ensure we hit our sprint goals, collaborate with other groups to ensure we build and ship the “right” thing.
- Bachelors in Computer Science
- 5+ years shipping high-quality iOS applications
- Mastery of historical Objective-C, strongly competent in Swift
- Strong track record of delivering solid code on a schedule
- United States Citizenship
- SDKs: experience related to Bluetooth, WIFI, Networking, Camera (Photo/Video), Audio, File Management, UI, connecting to and interacting with third party hardware
- CI/CD: experience creating and managing automation and integration
- Toolchain: Cocoapods
- Flutter: SDK use, integration in existing mobile apps, CI/CD
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.