Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
ServiceNow’s Client Systems Engineering team is undertaking a strategic initiative to modernize our Customer Access platform. As part of this initiative, we are looking to leverage ServiceNow’s Virtual Desktop environment with technologies such as Active Directory, Amazon WorkSpaces and Microsoft Windows Virtual Desktop to provide employees the tools they need to support our customers.
We are seeking a driven and self-motivated Linux Desktop Automation Engineer, who has a proven track record of managing a Linux enterprise environment but is also ready to embrace the challenges of supporting new and modern technologies and who is not afraid to think outside the box and collaborate across service teams.
What you get to do in this role:
- Communicate department goals and procedures to team members
- Lead technical analysis, implementation and deployment
- Coordinate technical activities with key internal and client stakeholders
- Develop and document key solution architecture and design aspects
- Develop technical change requests, migration and test plans
- Provision proof of concept and pilot environments
- Support Project Managers in managing scope variations and risks effectively
- Work with the team to develop problem management and service improvement plans
- Liaise with vendors and service providers to execute technical change
- Ensure team follows best practices and maintain service level agreements
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Experience with advanced IT technologies: Cloud Computing (Private, Public, and Hybrid), virtualization, software defined networking, software defined datacenters, Service-Oriented Architectures, datacenter architectures, OR web services.
- Strong Linux product knowledge and recent experience in leading implementation and configuration
- Strong skills in deploying Linux including tuning, upgrading, monitoring and patching
- Support Linux on bare metal hardware in addition to virtual desktop environments
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Azure and Active Directory
- Strong experience in System Design and supporting complex, multi-tier apps in AWS
- Configuration/deployment management tool (e.g. Chef, Puppet)
- Scripting and automation experience
- Knowledge and experience with Version Control
- Strong fundamental understanding of available migration strategies, paths, risks and issues with the relevant products
- Experience in leading and supporting cloud transitions
- Must be able to estimate and balance workloads, internal and external expectations, and work in high-pressure engagements with high-profile stakeholders
- Interested in growing by taking on challenging and rewarding projects or assignments
- Ability to learn new product updates and technologies
- Ability to communicate appropriately with client technical and executive staff
- Mentor others/junior staff on your core vendor products and technologies
- Red Hat Certified Engineer
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.