Who is Wyze?
Wyze is a rapidly growing tech startup based in Kirkland, Washington, which is an outstanding city 6.4 miles East of downtown Seattle and nestled around beautiful Lake Washington. We also have offices in Beijing and Shenzhen, China.
We’re a team of innovators and tech enthusiasts passionate about making smart home products accessible to everyone. Our products are intuitive and easy to use, and we partner with our customers to add new features and continuously improve our products over time. We believe customers shouldn’t have to compromise – beautifully crafted smart home devices should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford.
This role is based full-time Kirkland, and we are happy to help new folks relocate to this tech-savvy city!
A Look Inside the Role...
The Senior Magento Developer role is a critical role as Wyze Commerce expands and pushes traditional “eCommerce” boundaries and start to roll out Magento PWA Studio. This role will suit someone with vast Magneto 2 experience and passion. You will be tasked with extending our Magento Cloud site that serves millions of visitors. We work in a constantly evolving work environment where being focused, dynamic, and thinking outside of the box will be vital for the success of this role. Our team works closely together across multiple disciplines (business, design, and development) but we do not believe in micromanagement so being autonomous is key. If employing your skills at scale, and working in a dynamic and delivery focused environment interests you, this is the perfect role.
You already have these qualifications and love what you do!
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field.
- Provide leadership within Project Planning, Data Migrations & System Integrations
- Minimum of 5-7 years PHP web development experience
- Minimum of 3+ years real-world e-commerce experience with Magento development
- Firm grasp of Git-based source control
- Competent with PHP object-oriented programming & MVC applications
- Competent with MySQL-based database concepts
- Familiarity with automated deployment strategies
- Solutions-oriented thinking; always looking for the smart solution to a problem rather than jumping at the first answer
- A preoccupation with staying on top of industry trends and technologies
- An aptitude and drive for learning
- Work with our project managers to understand key business objectives such as functionality needs, tech requirements, and project timeline
- Integrate with third-party software when needed
- Run functionality testing and debug code
- Keep up-to-date and implement security standard methodologies
- Thorough understanding of Magento 2’s code structure, extension architecture, theming hierarchy, and fallback components
- Expertise in authoring and extending Magento extensions
- Thorough experience in customizing Magento’s front-end components using layout XML, blocks, and templates
- Thorough knowledge of vanilla Magento 2 feature set and configuration
- Competent knowledge of e-commerce data organization and relationships
- Store catalog (categories/products/attributes)
- Sales orders (quotes/orders/invoices/shipments/credits)
- Competent in web services integrations (REST/SOAP)
- A desire to be personally responsible for production-level code
- Resourcefulness to use all available tools at your disposal
- Comfort working with Linux-based systems
- Experience in ERP integrations with Magento
- Experience with caching and scaling techniques
- Experience in multi-store, multi-lingual, or multi-currency e-commerce implementations
- In-depth knowledge of PCI/PA-DSS compliance issues
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like SASS/LESS
- Contributions to the open-source community
- Work closely with Magento Agency team
Bonus points if you can say yes to any or all of the following:
- Some experience with Figma or similar platform
- Experience with front end animation
- Have an eye for design
- If you use smart home devices in your daily life
If this sounds too good to be true and you are ready to be part of #teamwyze then we want to hear from you. Please send us your resume or detailed LinkedIn profile and tell us a little about yourself with a cover letter that showcases some of the outstanding things you can do!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Lastly and incredibly important to us: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as well as inclusion at Wyze. We are fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. That’s how we do things.
Read Full Job Description