Senior Manager Software Development
ExpediaDSP – Data Services and Platforms
Our mission is to power reliable, trustworthy and scalable data products, that fuel decision-making and give a competitive advantage to Expedia Group.
We use a blend of open source, custom development, and commercial tools to deliver and operate petabyte-scale data platforms used across the business. Our ecosystem includes multiple cloud providers, massive Hadoop clusters, parallel databases and a broad mix of leading data management and analytics tools.
Who You Are:
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineering Manager who can lead DevOps teams in building accelerators, products, and processes that power the data pipelines at Expedia Group.
- Have strong people management skills and the proven ability to successfully manage up, down, and across the organization.
- Will develop goals, ideas, and initiatives that improve the organization's performance, manage costs, and drive continuous improvement at all levels.
- Are fluent in modern architectures and concepts, able to speak at every level of the organization.
- Have 7+ years software development experience with expertise in big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive and related tools in the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Have 5+ years professional experience using AWS.
- Have 2+ years of experience managing a DevOps Engineering team. Globally distributed team management experience is a plus.
- Have working knowledge of web platform technologies such as Java, Spring framework, MVC, REST Web services etc.
What You Will Do:
In this role, you will lead a DevOps team that is providing a service-oriented culture by delivering a stable, monitored, flexible and performant platform and tool set used across Expedia.
- Recruit, manage, and develop engineers responsible for building sophisticated software products.
- Manage the design, development, testing, and implementation of software; and ensure it meets established specifications on delivery time and quality standards.
- Manage multiple concurrent, complex, and/or unique projects and initiatives.
- Work closely with stakeholders and Product Managers to influence product strategy to determine the product roadmap. Provide planning support for the technology roadmap.
- Effectively manage trade-offs between investment, schedule, risk and customer benefit.
- Ideate technology solutions to meet business objectives.
- Actively participate in the discussion of non-technical business requirements and data gathering.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.