Senior Manager, Systems Engineering at ServiceNow
This position reports to: Director, Systems Engineering
ServiceNow (NYSE: NOW) is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise.
As a Senior Manager of Systems Engineering - Mail, you will oversee the team responsible for architecting, building and scaling our global cloud infrastructure mail systems that are the heart of the customer-facing ServiceNow product. This role provides technical leadership to the mail team, interfaces with product development teams on new systems and enhancements of existing systems, recruiting, team development and creation of key performance metrics. Key to success is the ability to drive technical issues to completion across a global team through effective cross-organizational efforts.
What you get to do in this role:
- Manage the quarterly and annual planning, team objectives, individual goals, deliverables, hiring, development plans, and performance reviews.
- Provide technical guidance for systems optimization opportunities and participate in architectural reviews.
- Assess risks, vulnerabilities and mitigations of existing systems to ensure these systems are highly available, operationally sound, perform at scale and exceed customer expectation.
- Collaborate with peer teams on complex, global engineering efforts to ensure architecture agreement, resource coordination and implementation timelines.
- Represent the global Systems Engineering team to both internal and external stakeholders.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 7+ years’ experience leading systems/software/hardware development and engineering, release management and DevOps across a global 24x7 production environment.
- Deep background in systems architecture and engineering on a global scale.
- Fluency with the components of infrastructure including hardware platforms, OS, virtualization, public cloud, email routing and deliverability, and web applications and databases.
- Prior experience in software development/engineering, release management, DevOps and managing large-scale server infrastructure.
- Experience with systems management platforms at scale.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Work cross-functionally to build consensus and drive complex projects and issues to completion.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.