At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $7 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
The Passbook team is a startup within Remitly. We are building a new digital bank for immigrants and their families. The team is intensely customer-focused and comprised of startup veterans. It's all the best parts of an early stage startup accelerated by the assets and competitive advantage of Remitly.
We're looking for someone who enjoys shipping code and building products that customers use. You make people feel valued and are comfortable working across cultures and socio-economic classes. You can hear what's not being said and identify unspoken customer needs.
You are an engineer who understands what it takes to build a product that solves a problem. You know how to work with designers and engineers to build products and prioritize.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager for Passbook, you will work in a modern TypeScript/React Native codebase to bring features across Android and iOS while mentoring and working with others, and making sure the team has the right tools to succeed. You'll help shape and build against a backlog of features designed to improve our product in creative ways.
What you'll do:
- Create customer-facing product features with a focus on customer value.
- Help guide the technical direction of the mobile app experience to ensure that we are moving quickly while setting ourselves up for success in the future.
- Expand the Passbook product with new experiences that improve how we onboard customers and protect their accounts.
- Participate in the ideation, technical design, and grooming of new features with a data-driven and customer-centric viewpoint.
Who you are:
- A degree in CS, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience building mobile or web consumer software products.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits and 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer