We are looking for a talented Senior Perl Software Engineer to join our technology team. As a Senior Perl Software Engineer at MediaAlpha, you will take part in all aspects of the software development lifecycle. You'll love it! Our entire platform is in Perl leveraging a light Mason framework. You will get to work directly with stakeholders in defining our MediaAlpha Exchange Product and developing and testing new features and integrations. The ideal candidate will enjoy designing, implementing, and scaling systems that process tens of thousands of high-value transactions a day, while also producing elegant and readable code.
- Own the full software development lifecycle of implementing high-performance ad serving software.
- Integrate our products with our partners.
- Perl code development in a Linux environment, on Amazon EC2, leveraging also S3, CloudFront and Route 53.
- Work as a member of the team, jumping in to help out and resolve routine issues.
- Lead in representing the engineering team in product planning and architecting.
- Be part of a team that maintains and supports our live MediaAlpha Exchange product.
- 5+ years experience in software development.
- Substantial Perl development experience in Unix/Linux operating environments a MUST.
- Strong SQL skills and understanding of database and query optimizations.
- Working knowledge of MySQL a plus.
- Experience using web APIs.
- Ability to write elegant and readable code.
- Ability to maintain live production systems.
- A self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and ability to problem solve while paying careful attention to detail.
- Strong programming skills including software engineering methodologies and best practices.
- Experience working with engineers and non-technical stakeholders.
- Be a champion of instilling excellence in coding and quality into the team and culture.
- Ability to articulate and communicate clearly, concisely, and thoughtfully.
- Organized and self-motivated.
- Amazon EC2 experience a plus.
- B.S. required, preferably in a technical discipline (e.g., computer science).
- Highly competitive salary and bonus program participation.
- High-quality health and dental care plans with zero deductibles and no employee contributions.
- Flexible spending account.
- Unlimited PTO.
- 401K company contributions (after 90 days).
- Professional training and education reimbursements.
- Generous employee perks (e.g., mobile phone program, gym membership, employee lunches).