Senior Platform Software Development Engineer at Tango Card
What are we up to at Tango Card:
Tango Card helps thousands of companies reach their business goals by making rewards and incentives easy and awesome. Our customers genuinely love working with us and it shows as we are in the top 10% of Inc’s 5000 fastest growing companies. We are backed by a stellar group of investors including private equity firm FTV (who led a $35M growth equity round in 2018), Fyrfly Venture Partners, Floodgate Capital, Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, SWaN & Legend partners, and WTI.
We have 2500+ live enterprise customers today including some of the World’s most recognizable businesses like Twitter, Google, Extole, Microsoft, Salesforce and F5. We also work with the top Gift Card brands including Amazon, Starbucks, Target, Walmart, Home Depot and over 300 more in 30+ countries. Our customers send millions of Gift Cards a month using Tango Card and we’ve facilitated nearly $1B of these Gift Card transactions since inception. Last but certainly not least, we proudly partner with many of the most respected non-profits in the country including the National Park Foundation, Special Olympics, and Habitat for Humanity.
Why work for us:
Tango Card is proud to have been rated one of the best companies to work for by BuiltIn Seattle. We are on an incredible path to be the #1 rewards provider for companies around the world, and to get there we need amazing people (like you) in engineering, sales, and support roles to realize this vision.
We foster an office-culture of autonomy and transparency with flexible working hours and slim org structures. We provide our team members with what they need to be successful in their role, whether this is the latest technology at their fingertips or going to conferences to learn about new industry trends. Our offices are designed for productivity and comfort with optional standing desks, comfortable pod-chairs, and a very dog-friendly environment. With a company like Tango Card that is experiencing high growth year over year, career opportunities abound and you really have the chance to create, own and grow your role.
Reward yourself, and join the Tango Card team.
Reports to: CTO
As a Senior Platform Engineer you will:
- Rapidly build innovative software products and applications
- Build enterprise-level products and applications that are stable, secure and scalable
- Have fun while doing all of this on aggressive schedules
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Respond quickly to project priorities
- Multitask in a fast-paced work environment
- Do what it takes to get quality products online, on time
- Work successfully in a startup environment while bringing your own voice to what we do
- Be passionate, collaborative and diligent about design, development, and testing
Our ideal Senior Platform Engineer at Tango Card will have the following skills and experience:
- 6+ years of professional experience demonstrating excellent coding skills.
- Expertise in designing and implementing a high-volume transactional system
- Expertise in server-side technologies, including Java or C#
- Experience with RDBMS, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL
- NoSQL and Big Data distributing processing (e.g., Hadoop) a plus
- Thrives in an agile environment and excited about CI, cloud-based development
- Startup experience and working on projects in a great SaaS/Cloud company
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
What you'll get from us:
- Competitive pay (money isn't everything, but it helps)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits (100% employer paid premium for the employee)
- Unlimited PTO and a generous holiday schedule
- 401(k) matching and equity opportunities, 401(k) 100% match of up to 6%
- Transportation stipend to make the Seattle commute just a bit easier
- Culture that fosters autonomy, creativity, inclusion, transparency, and ownership.