Senior Platform Software Engineer
What are we up to at Tango Card?
Almost every application and SaaS platform we use today incorporates a great reward or incentive. From meeting a step goal in your company's wellness program, to completing an online or mobile survey, to referring a friend or colleague to a new service, or rewarding someone with points or credits for repeat engagement or purchase ... rewards and incentives are a key building block in our modern economy. In fact, companies globally spend $150B on these rewards and incentives today. Tango Card is leading the charge to bring this industry into the modern, digital, and mobile era. We have built an incredible digital and global catalog of rewards, we make these available to our customers via powerful and easy to use technology - primarily via our industry first RaaS (Rewards as a Service) API, and we provide incredible support to help make our customer's programs sing. We have 2,000 enterprise customers today and are backed by some incredible investors including Floodgate, FyrFly, WTI, and Innovation Endeavors.
We are a dedicated and growing team (currently 80 of us) with offices in West Seattle and Boise Idaho and are looking for some great people to join our team. Tango Card provides a welcoming and inclusive environment. We are committed to building a diverse team of people from all backgrounds. We are looking to add a Senior Platform Engineer to our team to build the products and capabilities that will take us to the next level.
Are you a creative and innovative engineer that wants to be part of a collaborative and dynamic work environment? Tango Card could be just the place where you can make a huge impact and meaningful contributions to top-notch enterprise products.
As a Senior Platform Engineer you will:
- Rapidly build innovative software products and applications
- Build enterprise-level products and applications that are stable, secure and scalable
- Have fun while doing all of this on aggressive schedules
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
Key attributes -
- Respond quickly to project priorities
- Multitask in a fast-paced work environment
- Do what it takes to get quality products online, on time
- Work successfully in a startup environment while bringing your own voice to what we do
- Be passionate, collaborative and diligent about design, development and testing
Our ideal Senior Platform Engineer at Tango Card will have the following skills and experience:
- 6+ years of professional experience demonstrating excellent coding skills.
- Expertise in designing and implementing a high-volume transactional system
- Expertise in server-side technologies, including Java or C#
- Experience with RDBMS, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL
- NoSQL and Big Data distributing processing (e.g., Hadoop) a plus
- Thrives in an agile environment and excited about CI, cloud-based development
- Startup experience and working on projects in a great SaaS/Cloud company
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
People that become the most successful Tangocardians show a real fit with our values which include:
- We are transparent - we are direct, open, and honest with our communication because it helps all of us understand our business, make better decisions, and drive toward common goals.
- We simplify - we make things easier, not harder, for our customers and co-workers.
- We act like CEOs - we make the best decisions we can for Tango Card, not just what matters to us individually. We evaluate the impact our decisions will have and get things done across functional boundaries. We do what we say we will do.
- We care - we care deeply about our customers', partners', and co-workers success
- We encourage long-term value creation - we are willing to sacrifice short-term revenue for long-term value.
- We do our best work every day - we know rewards should be easy and awesome for our customers and we continually strive to deliver that experience.
What you'll get from us:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Unlimited PTO and a generous holiday schedulee
- Hear from interesting people during our CHIPS (Chats with Interesting People Series)
- 401K matching and equity opportunities
- Dog friendly office located in the heart of West Seattle
- A Culture that fosters autonomy, creativity, ownership, and innovation