Senior Rendering Engineer, SRP Environment at Unity Technologies
Do you enjoy empowering creative talent with cutting-edge graphics tools, workflows, and features? Would you like to design and implement real-time rendering algorithms that can leverage the ever growing power of graphics hardware on current and future platforms? Are you excited to engage directly with development customers to gather requirements, obtain feedback, and hone new systems to a polished sheen? Do you take pride in your ability to propose coherent solutions to complex problems involving multiple customer groups and tricky technology constraints? Would you like to work on daring visuals that inspire generations to come, sitting next to top industry talent, at a company that cares deeply about work-life balance?
Imagine a tiny team of developers creating amazing AAA-quality content all by themselves! Imagine an artist, freed from the tedium of repetitive tasks, unconstrained by manual processes, driven only by her creativity to fulfill her vision! That is the world we at Unity strive to create and we need your help. By leveraging the latest research in real-time rendering, our Graphics team wants to empower developers and artists to create high-quality content with ease and intuitiveness without the repetitious drudgery.
As a Senior Rendering Engineer at Unity, you will help build future generations of graphics technology. You will learn our engine’s capabilities, then help us expand them by building features and pipelines that empower Unity game developers to craft incredible visual experiences. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and high-energy team to create the best and most technologically-impressive real-time experiences and games in the world.
Experience the excitement of Unity real-time graphics by exploring samples from our projects from the Heretic, Reality versus Illusion, Sherman, the Book of the Dead, The Boat Attack, the Spaceship Demo, Adam: Episode 1, Episode 2 and Episode 3, the Automotive Reveal, The Big Hero 6 series (Baymax Dreams of Too Many Baymaxes, Baymax Dreams of Bed Bugs, Baymax Dreams of Evil Sheep), and the Megacity Demo, as well as the Neon demo, and many many more.
You can also learn about the latest in Unity Graphics from our keynotes from Unite Copenhagen 2019, GDC 2019, E3 2019, Unite LA 2018, Unite Berlin 2018, GDC 2018, Real or rendered? Real-time ray tracing, Introduction to the Universal Render Pipeline, Creating your own shaders with Shader Graph, Fast particle rendering with VFX Graph, and so much more! Unity graphics team are also frequent speakers at SIGGRAPH Advances in Real-Time Rendering and Open Problems in Real-Time Rendering yearly courses.
Stay tuned for even more amazing graphics coming in the near future!
- Develop and maintain high-quality rendering systems for cross-platform state-of-the-art performant AAA-quality rendering
- Research, innovate and implement cutting edge real-time rendering techniques
- Work tightly with a cross-discipline team to provide highly productive and effective art and content workflows
- Undertake performance profiling and optimization on multiple platforms
- Invent, extend, and maintain features, workflows, and tools and work closely with technical artists to create effective solutions and content workflows
- Inspire and help develop more junior members of the team
- Build and maintain production-quality rendering and content creation workflows code
- Extensive real-time computer science and graphics knowledge
- Experience developing rendering algorithms on modern console architectures or mobile platforms and/or PC
- Expert C++, data-driven design, and architecture skills, and low level graphics APIs (DirectX/OpenGL/equivalent)
- Experience developing tools and workflows, methodical and investigative disposition
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and tasks
- Have worked on multiple AAA games as a graphics programmer
- Knowledge of modern graphics APIs (DX12/Vulkan/Metal)
- Mobile development experience (specifically Android, iOS or Nintendo Switch).
- Experience with cross platform development experience, writing and optimizing shaders and strong multi-threaded programming skills
- Experience using Unity’s engine and tools, console development, and C#/tool experience
- Detailed knowledge of one or more CPU and GPU architectures
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.