Senior RF Systems Engineer at Pivotal Commware
!Sorry, this job was removed at 11:54 a.m. (PST) on Friday, December 13, 2019
Pivotal Commware is the inventor of Holographic Beam Forming® (HBF), a patented breakthrough in electromagnetic physics that enables its Software Defined Antennas to harness, shape and direct radio waves so mobile carriers can maximize capacity, coverage and throughput on demand. HBF offers order-of-magnitude advantages over legacy beamforming systems in Cost, Size, Weight and Power consumption (C-SWaP) and is recognized as an essential element in the 5G ecosystem. 5G leadership is pivotal to the US economy, and 5G is Pivotal.
We are seeking a Senior RF Systems Engineer who will develop full system models leveraging our technology in a wide variety of applications. The Senior RF Systems Engineer works with Product Development teams to translate market and customer requirements into detailed hardware and software specifications. In addition, this individual will analyze and validate RF and communications architectures, driving design from detailed RF components to communications protocol selection. The ideal candidate will need a broad understanding of various subsystems in modern communications to drive end-to-end analysis. This position reports to the Director of Product Engineering.
As a Senior RF Systems Engineer at Pivotal Commware, you will:
● Perform link analysis factoring weather and environment, varied fading characteristics, strong interference scenarios, and more
● Drive RF requirements definition, including customer-facing discussion and briefings
● Create hardware and software specifications based on customer requirements
● Perform architecture trade studies for wireless communications systems
● Work with other engineers to define component, subsystem, and system integration and test requirements
Our ideal Senior RF Systems Engineer will have:
● 5+ years of experience as RF Engineer, Systems Engineer, or related title
● Experience developing system requirements, RF link budget modeling and analysis, RF system integration, and system analysis
● Knowledge of communications system principles and design
● Understanding of RF component design and selection, including amplifiers, up/down converters, filters, transceivers, etc
● The individual must be adaptable and have excellent communication skills to coordinate throughout all phases of development
● Familiarity with LTE and/or 802.11ad+ standards
● A Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or similar, PhD strongly preferred. Bachelor's degree candidates with 10+ years of industry experience will be considered
Pivotal was named among Washington’s Top 100 Places to Work in 2018 & 2019 and has attracted $40M in investment. At Pivotal you’ll join a team experienced in advanced communications, commercial antennas, RF circuit design, machine learning and active/nonlinear metamaterials. If you want to apply yourself to this fascinating endeavor, then we’d like to hear from you!
APPLY NOW or learn more about us and HBF at PivotalCommware.com
Pivotal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Read Full Job Description