Senior SDET - Infrastructure at DreamBox Learning
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:08 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, September 23, 2021
Right now, even though STEM skills are increasingly important, over 60% of students in Kindergarten through 8th grade are not proficient in math at their own grade level. The pandemic has increased the opportunity gap for our most vulnerable students. As a society, we need to bring together our best, most creative minds to tackle this critical problem and ensure all kids are successful in math and school and have the tools they need to reach their potential. This includes developing the most innovative learning technology using advanced data science in a way that inspires students and empowers teachers. Come help us make a difference at DreamBox Learning.
We’re passionate about our mission to radically transform the way the world learns. Today, our Intelligent Adaptive Learning platform – with its rigorous math curriculum and game-based environment – is helping 5 million kids and over 150,000 educators improve math achievement and build a love of math at the same time. In the wake of COVID-19, and the broad range of learning experiences: in-person, all virtual, and hybrid models, we are uniquely positioned to bring our best-in-class adaptive learning platform to more students and provide Educators and Parents with insights into their student’s learning.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work solution once it is safe to go back into the office. We are all 100% remote at this time.
About the Role:
As an SDET at DreamBox Learning, you will partner with engineers across development teams to understand the architecture of our existing product and services under development. You will review and contribute to the overall test strategy and quality of the product and services. In conjunction with other engineers, you will be designing and implementing tooling that will allow for efficient and comprehensive testing. The ideal candidate is someone who not only loves testing – but knows how to make it actionable; who enjoys identifying roadblocks to efficiencies and replacing them with automation; has a driving curiosity to discover what works, why, and an unrelenting desire to improve results and efficiencies.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work and collaborate with a team of engineers with diverse skill sets to drive solutions
- Create and maintain validation environments and infrastructure on AWS in a Mac OS X/Linux environment
- Contribute to the design and development of toolsets and processes that increase the efficiency of quality validation
- Automate and validate existing manual processes to enable other engineering teams to self-service their application delivery needs
- Perform continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression suites
- Create tooling and/or processes to make test status transparent and effectively communicated across teams
- Monitor the production application to help inform the next iteration of changes to our end-user experiences
- 7+ years of testing and automation experience
- Strong technical skills with expertise in an object-oriented programming language (preferably Java)
- Experience with technologies such as the AWS stack, Docker, Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with performance testing is a plus
- This is a highly collaborative role; must be able and willing to work closely with developers and other quality engineers on design & review of each other’s work
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with large-scale production SOA systems and microservice architectures
- Passionate about cloud system's availability, resiliency, and scalability
- Can communicate effectively to technical and non-technical people
- Strive to do work you're proud of
At DreamBox, we are hooked on celebrating diversity & providing an inclusive workplace and it shows throughout our product, brand, and teams. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Thanks for considering DreamBox Learning!
Read Full Job Description