Senior Security Development Engineer - Detection & Response at Remitly
At Remitly, we are working to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. We help people around the world send over $10 billion a year. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people all over the globe. Your work matters, every day.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer to help us develop our security solutions and help deliver on our promises to our customers. Our customers trust us with their hard earned money, and the financial wellbeing of their loved ones. We must earn that trust with every transaction. The Security team is closely aligned with the Infrastructure and Corporate Information Technology teams, and part of the Product organization. Security at Remitly is uniquely positioned to provide customer value and being an enabler for the business. Security is core to our culture and has excellent visibility and support from the Board and from each employee.
What You’ll Do
This is a security engineering role. You will build! As a member of a small team you will contribute in multiple areas, but focus on Detection and Response. You will have the freedom to help establish our security roadmap and work with like minded engineers. You will develop novel approaches to securing billions of dollars in transactions around the world and provide peace of mind to our customers. You will operate and develop solutions to detect and respond in new ways. You will use modern technology stacks in production systems (Kubernetes, AWS) and in the corporate environment (Gsuite, SaaS). You will provide close support to the Product organization and our customers, both by promoting secure development and operations, and also by shipping product features that enhance peace of mind.
- Use GoLang and similar languages to build security solutions
- Help guide security policy and culture throughout the company
- Be a mentor: help develop your teammates security and development skills
- Be an expert in incident response and assist in incident management
- Report to the Engineering Manager, Security
- 4 years of experience in Information Security
- 2 years of experience as a Developer
- Strong experience with Windows, macOS, or AWS incident response
- Experience with event monitoring and alert creation
- Focused on engineering solutions to security challenges
- Empathetic to developer needs while ensuring security best practices are enforced
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer