Senior Security Engineer – Splunk at ServiceNow (Remote)
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
- Administer and mature key ServiceNow Cloud Security Engineering tools, such as host and network IDS, X.509 Certificate Authority, authentication integrations and controls, etc.
- Build relationships throughout the enterprise to bring internal business stakeholders and their projects and initiatives into comprehensive security evaluation. Provide coaching and mentorship to technology teams to satisfy their business goals.
- Mentor and cross-train with other Security team members to cultivate Security Engineering knowledge.
- Work with key stakeholders to deliver security solutions and training to internal security teams to support and enhance security intelligence requirements.
Senior Security Engineer – Splunk
Locations: USA Remote
This position reports to: Manager, Security Engineering
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We're disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
· Guide ServiceNow's Splunk implementation as it evolves to a widely adopted enterprise information platform. We are growing our investment in Splunk and need team members who can get us there.
· Ensure the Splunk environment meets specification in terms of business requirements, application design, and infrastructure performance.
· Build relationships throughout the enterprise to bring internal business stakeholders and their data into Splunk. Provide coaching and mentorship to technology teams to enable their use of Splunk to satisfy their business goals.
· Share responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of the Splunk infrastructure and configuration.
· Guide users on data on-boarding as part of engagement projects.
· Mentor other Security team members to develop their Splunk knowledge.
· Work with key stakeholders on developing use cases and knowledge objects to be implemented in Splunk.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
· Advanced knowledge and experience with Splunk architecture. Splunk administration and/or architecture certification highly desirable.
· Some experience with Splunk Data Stream Processor is desirable.
· Knowledge of how to properly size a Splunk environment to ingest 100+ TB/day (200+ indexers) in a geographically diverse multi-site environment.
· Strong understanding of SPL and how to manipulate Splunk data through the interface.
· Experience working with Linux environments and comfortable with command line access.
· Ability to read Python and Shell. Ability to program in either language is highly desirable.
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization.
Candidates must be able to meet all federal government security screening requirements as indicated: Federal security screening requirements call for applicant to verify U.S. Citizenship. Additional customer screening requirements may include additional items such as, but not limited to specialized agency background checks (either national or local) and fingerprinting, as well as the ability to obtain a government personnel security clearance.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.