Senior Security Engineer
Expedia Group is looking for a highly motivated Senior Security Engineer with a passion for solving complicated business and security problems to join the Enterprise Risk & Security Team. You will collaborate across the company to define and innovate security standards and methodologies and adeptly communicate at the highest levels, presenting arguments based on data and standards while minimizing friction and maximizing productivity and impact. This role requires both deep and broad technical knowledge across a range of security disciplines and is responsible for utilizing the security engineering process and tools infrastructure to ensure we are operating to the highest security standards.
Who you are:
Your skills and experience will be the foundation of security initiatives that protect the security and privacy of all Expedia Group customers and employees.
- You have 10+ years’ experience in information security and a B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- You have extensive experience with security specialties including: Application Security, Security Engineering, Network Security, Identity and Access Management, Security Assessment and Testing, Security Operations, and Security Risk and Compliance.
- You demonstrate a record of practical experience in understanding security principles, controls, and frameworks, as well as planning, implementation, maintenance, monitoring, and operationalization of security technologies.
- You have experience ensuring security and privacy on the internet with knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques along with network and web related protocols
- You possess technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- You demonstrate an ability to communicate security risks and plans to security and non-security personnel including senior leadership, product and engineering teams.
What you'll do:
- You will provide security guidance to teams on a constant stream of new internal and 3rd party products and technologies and will interact directly with the security community regarding vulnerabilities and threats
- You will be responsible for developing and operationalizing all aspects of our security infrastructure, including cloud environments.
- You will establish security engineering / operations frameworks for various security technologies.
- You will form relationships with customers, key partners and business leaders and act as the highest level of leadership for security needs and concerns.
- You will apply your experience with international standards of audit and data protection and continue to grow and develop a deep industry expertise in the assigned areas.
- You will use a creative, problem-solving approach to projects in complex, sophisticated environments.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.