Transparent Systems is transforming financial infrastructure with on-demand settlement solutions. Leveraging cryptographically secured distributed networks, we’re reducing the friction in making and receiving payments. Starting with B2B payments and treasury management solutions, our goal is to create a more inclusive economy that empowers your business and your money.
We always live our core values of collaboration, transparency, diversity, and accountability, which reflect in the way we work together, treat each other, and in the products we build.
Who are you? You have a good mix of technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in security. We seek broad technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of application security for cryptography, application, operating systems, cloud systems, web and mobile applications, distributed systems, electronic wallets, and/or emergent security intelligence.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner with engineering and operations on secure applications and infrastructure for critical cloud, network, and distributed systems, as well as corporate systems
- Design and implement an application security program that recognizes, adopts, and implements best practices throughout the organization at the earliest stages of the software development process
- Audit source code and work with engineering to implement secure coding practices
- Create threat models and security advisory for projects across the organizations
- Understand security vulnerabilities and provide relevant technical guidance for the development team
- Design and implement a DevOps security program with input from engineering
- Communicate effectively at multiple levels of sensitivity, and to multiple audiences, as well as maintain documentation for security
What's in it for you:
- Work on a novel, cutting-edge product new in the market
- Competitive startup salary
- Full benefits package
- You can learn and grow in role while making a huge impact
- Fun place to work with smart people
- Collaborative environment and a small team, make a big impact immediately
What you bring to us:
- A threat- and vulnerability-based mindset with a well-honed ability to assess risk
- 5+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience in security
- 3+ years of experience on an application security team, especially in providing high-quality threat models and auditing source code
- Deep understanding of enterprise application security program, software engineering practices, and development/deployment processes
- Excellent knowledge of the cloud and networking; deep understanding of Kubernetes is a huge plus
- Experience with any of the following: Rust, C, C++
- CS/EE degree or equivalent level of on the job experience
- Experience with library and API design (bonus)
- Experience with security automation (bonus)
- Experience with blockchain technology (bonus)
- Background in applied cryptography (bonus)
Read more about us: https://www.builtinseattle.com/company/transparent-systems
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To agencies: We are currently not working with agencies, thanks.
Read Full Job Description