What are we up to at Tango Card:
Tango Card helps thousands of companies reach their goals by making rewards and incentives easy and awesome! Our customers genuinely love working with us and it shows. We are among the top 10% of Inc’s 5000 fastest growing companies; and are backed by a stellar group of investors including private equity firm FTV, Fyrfly Venture Partners, Floodgate Capital, Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, SWaN & Legend partners, and WTI.
We have 2500+ live enterprise customers today, including some of the World’s most recognizable businesses like Twitter, Google, Extole, Microsoft, Salesforce and F5. We also work with the top Gift Card brands, such as Amazon, Starbucks, Target, Walmart, Home Depot and over 300 more in 30+ countries.
Why work for us:
Tango Card is proud to have been rated one of the best companies to work for by Built In Seattle. We are on an incredible path to be the #1 rewards provider, and to get there we need amazing people (like you) in support, sales, engineering, operations, and finance to realize this vision.
We foster a culture of autonomy, collaboration, and transparency with flexible working hours and slim org structures. We provide our team members with what they need to be successful, whether this is the latest technologies and tools or going to conferences to learn about industry trends. Our offices are designed for collaboration and comfort with standing desks, comfortable pod-chairs, and a very dog-friendly environment. Every TangoCardian has the chance to create, own, and grow their role. With a company like Tango Card that is experiencing high growth year over year, career growth opportunities are everywhere.
Reward yourself and join the Tango Card team.
In this role you will be the lead for growing and implementing security operations processes and activities, reporting directly to the VP of Information Security. You will be able to enjoy the challenges of planning, implementing, and upgrading security measures and controls. You will be responsible for operation response processes, event and alert maintenance and monitoring, incident responses related activities, vulnerability management scanning and triage, and act as subject matter expert during new projects that involve network or cloud services architectures. You can look forward to working with many security systems including a Security Information and Event Management (SEIM), Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), Vulnerability Management, Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), or other associated tools. You will need to have a curious nature to take existing work and improve it, depth in security domain knowledge to perform tactical security operations work, creativity and drive to operationalize existing manual processes, confidence to handle critical security incidents, and a desire to mentor other team members. The successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in information security. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of security operations, network security, cloud security, incident response, and threat intelligence.
Reports to: VP, Information Security
As the Senior Security Operations Engineer at Tango Card, you will:
- Provide daily, ongoing operational support of network and cloud security operations, to include the security impact of proposed modifications, additions, and technology
- Manage and configure security monitoring tools, document the threats being monitored and report on control effectiveness
- Monitor alerts and triage in appropriate timeframes
- Create and implement the process and tooling for managing the lifecycle of security events and alerts from various security systems
- Develop the measures and metrics for security alert management for reporting on the health of the security operations activities
- Develop solution approaches for automated threat detection and other automation for managing network or cloud security operations
- Develop, mange, and measure the Managed Security Service Providers (MSSP) 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC) Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Review new vendors or services for risk impact to the company
- Analyze and understand traffic signatures to determine what is good traffic and what is malicious
- Work closely with the product, business, or IT leadership partners or other departments
- Participate or lead on implementation of security controls that are relevant for audit and compliance activities
- Create and implement an incident response program and plan
- Assist engineering teams in creating security incident response runbooks for various services
- Plan, lead, and coordinate annual incident response tabletop exercises
- Confidently and intelligently respond to security incidents
Our ideal Senior Security Operations Engineer at Tango Card will have most of the following qualifications:
- College degree in related field or professional experience meeting responsibilities
- 5+ years of experience in a Security Operations team
- Experience programing or scripting (Python, Ruby, PHP, C, C#, Java, Perl, etc.) to automate security operations activities
- Experience and technical depth on the incident lifecycle
- Experience coordinating responses to security incidents
- Understanding and technical depth in implementing endpoint and network security controls
- Understanding and technical depth in implementing cloud security controls
- Experience with tuning, configuring, and querying SIEM technologies
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP, and/or Azure
- Ability to run in-depth forensics on multiple platforms desired
- Sysadmin skills (Linux/Mac/Windows) desired
- Security certifications: CISSP, GCIA GCIH, GCFA, GCFE, etc. desired
- Experience with infrastructure automation (Chef, CloudFormation, Jenkins) desired
What you'll get from us:
- Competitive pay (money isn’t everything, but it helps)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits (100% employer paid premium)
- Unlimited PTO and a generous holiday schedule
- 401(k) matching and equity opportunities, 401(k) 100% match of up to 6%
- Transportation or Parking stipend to make the Seattle commute just a bit easier
- Dog-Friendly office located in the heart of West Seattle
- Culture that fosters autonomy, creativity, inclusion, transparency, and ownership
- Tango Card is proud to extend its Voluntary WA State Paid Family Medical Leave Plan to employees across all Tango Card Locations
Tango Card is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we are strong because we are diverse. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.