Axon's fast-paced growth over the past few years has coincided with huge increases in complexity and load in our product systems. We have reached an inflection point in how we monitor and observe our systems; we are moving beyond a handful of informally managed, loosely-connected monitoring tools to a more cohesive monitoring solution that works seamlessly in Kubernetes and VM-based infrastructure and integrates well into common tools and frameworks. You have strong experience in the observability space, and you will help to define, implement, and support monitoring infrastructure covering operational metrics, centralized logging, and distributed tracing for every product at Axon across multiple clouds and regions. You are someone who can learn and navigate the current Axon context and craft solutions that evolve existing systems in the direction of a long-term vision, capturing value incrementally along the way.
The consumers of observability tools at Axon are diverse, including software and hardware engineering teams, business intelligence, customer service, and information security. You have experience operating complex systems that are 24/7 critical and need clear service-level agreements (SLAs) that are backed up with operational procedures that guarantee the SLAs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years experience working on 24/7 high volume systems with zero-downtime requirement
- Some background in owning and operating observability infrastructure (metrics, logging, APM, tracing)
- Some background in observability of both VM-based and container-based workloads (Kubernetes is a plus)
- Experience managing the infrastructure and configuration of cloud-hosted services as code (Terraform, Puppet, Packer, Ansible, SaltStack, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Linux-based systems
- US citizenship (prerequisite to access our Federal system)
- Familiarity with Azure or AWS
- Familiarity with Grafana, Prometheus, Splunk, and other observability tools
- Experience working with container-based orchestration platforms (Kubernetes or similar)
- Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture.
- Experience in any of these common languages used at Axon: Python, Golang, JVM languages
- Experience working on Federal systems or other highly constrained environments
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...