Senior Site Reliability Engineer
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Sift you will be responsible for a plethora of tasks and systems that span our entire product and internal infrastructure. Every day, thousands of websites and apps rely on our cloud-based machine learning to eliminate fraud, slash costs, and grow revenue.
Who are you?
You have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. You are a strong engineer who thinks of infrastructure as code. You love the idea of building immutable infrastructure and multi-AZ/multi-region fault tolerant systems that are anti-fragile. While you understand the need for monitoring and alerting, you dream of building self-healing systems. You believe in collaboration, acting as a force multiplier, and making the right tradeoffs. And you have been looking for an opportunity to join a well-funded startup where you can use your powers for good (in Sift’s case, to help eliminate fraud on the internet).
What would make you a good fit:
- 5+ years of experience as DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer
- Extensive experience building & managing cloud infrastructure on AWS or GCP
- Experience solving problems with production systems and building solutions and automations to prevent them from reoccurring
- Proven experience with automation and knowledge of configuration management tools
- Experience building infrastructure as code and automating infrastructure provisioning steps, such as CloudFormation/terraform
- Strong experience with monitoring and alerting systems, both open source and commercial
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, Python, Ruby, Scala or Go
- Familiarity with Docker and container clustering technologies like Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, or AWS ECS
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Patreon, Zoosk, and ChowNow trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
- Catered meals
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. Our core value of “Be Tough On Ideas And Excellent To Each Other” is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusion; we work together to ensure the best ideas win. We hire people with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, because we know this makes us stronger, healthier, and more innovative. Our commitment to belonging enables us to bring our full selves to work so we can contribute our talents in meaningful ways and “Win As One Team."