Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer in the SRE organization, you’ll be heavily involved in ensuring that our services are reliable, maintainable and supportable, but working both with in the SRE organization and with our friends and colleagues in the wider engineering & and customer support organization. Our platform handles evidence from all over the world, uploaded by our devices & software & accessed by members of the law enforcement community all over the world, the security & availability of this platform is paramount.
You will be tasked with handling and solving complex problems technically and provide executionable technical direction to the teams you interact with.
Areas you'll be expected to contribute in:
- Perform design, code, and process reviews to improve individual systems as well as engineering-wide
- Tackle the difficult problems we face in a long term sustainable manner
- Help make our team better by contributing to design and launch reviews for new services
- Advocate for and apply best practices when it comes to availability, scalability, operational excellence, and efficiency
- Investigate new ways to continually improve all aspects of what we do
- Engage early with teams on new products and services design to ensure that what is delivered survives production
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Successfully worked with distributed, multi-timezone teams
- A passion to remove manual toil from the system
- Experience of operating either a public or large internal service with demanding customers
- Strong working knowledge of Linux based systems
- Exceptionally strong is system engineering and design
- Experience of building & operating Cloud hosted services (i.e. built on Azure, AWS, OpenStack etc using tools like Terraform, Cloud formation, Packer, Puppet, Chef, SaltStack, Ansible, Spinnaker etc
- Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Datadog
- ELK, Solr, Cassandra, Kafka, ActiveMQ, Redis, MySQL, MS SQL
Compensation and benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Bonus plan, Stock options, 401K
- Supportive parental leave policy
- Unlimited paid-time-off
- Commuter options
- Stocked kitchen
- Awarded 14th best place to work in the state of Washington and the geekiest office space in Seattle
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description