Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Site Reliability Engineering positions are available on ExtraHop’s PAAS team. We are looking for highly motivated software engineers to run and automate our Kubernetes clusters located around wth world. Your role will be to create systems and process to accomplish the work that in most organizations is performed manually. We take CI/CD seriously, we typically release our PaaS or one of its hosted services daily. It is not unusual to here the words, “we have a new product idea that we want in production in 3 months”.
A successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of a few these technologies (AWS, Kurbenetes, Docker, Terraform, Packer, Go, Python, Bash, Network Security Best Practices, Calico, Gitlab). A desire to become expert in a few of them, and develop a working knowledge of the rest going forward. You should have the mindset; that if I do something twice, the third time I automate it; fast enough and good enough never happen; the success of our customers, products, and teams is the first priority.
If a fast tempo, freedom to innovate, motivated teammates, and the ability to have a positive impact on the worlds network security situation you should apply.
- Work on a large-scale, in-production, secure cloud service platform, using state-of-the-art container technologies and cutting-edge microservices architecture
- Solid knowledge of Go, Python, or an equivalent programming language
- Self-starter with a strong problem solving track record and ability to grow and learn
- Excellent communicator and collaborator who can iterate quickly
- Experience around container and related technologies (Kubernetes / Docker / HashiCorp - Packer, Vault, and Terraform / etcd).
- Experience of building and scaling distributed, highly available systems
- Experience with cloud services on AWS or Azure (RDS / S3 / SQS / EC2 / EMR)
- Experience with data science information processing pipeline (Spark / Presto / SQL / Hadoop / HBASE)
At ExtraHop, we create great products because we give talented employees the freedom to be intellectually curious and creative. We seek a diversity of perspectives and foster employee quirkiness and spunk to help drive innovation. Every ExtraHop employee knows that we’re all in this together and that work is an important part of life so it should be fun. A sense of humor is required here, seriously!
We are the global leader with a novel approach to Security and IT Operational Analytics. Our market opportunity is greater than $20B and our solutions span all industries. Pretty neat, huh? If you want to join a fun team that produces award-winning products that provide tremendous business value and delight customers, then ExtraHop is the company for you!
Founded by engineers, ExtraHop is a Seattle-based technology company that delivers elegant solutions for the tech industry’s most challenging problems.
As a privately held fast-growing technology leader in the $20B IT operations management space, ExtraHop Networks is positioned to be the next great systems company. We are known as innovators who take a smart, creative approach to solving problems. Our ExtraHop team and product line have received many awards, including wins in multiple categories of Best of Interop, a Gold Medal prize in Puget Sound Business Journal’s annual list of Washington’s Best Workplaces, and several Gold Stevie American Business Awards.
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law #LI-SF1