Senior Software Architect
Do you thrive in an environment focused on innovation, continuous delivery and platform services? Interested in defining and designing the next generation of transactional systems for Expedia Group?
The Transactional Services team at Expedia is looking for an Architect to lead the platform vision, definition and solution design for eCommerce within FCTS. You will be instrumental in defining architecture, technical requirements and deliverables necessary for the team to execute on the vision. Bring your relentless drive for results and help us deliver.
Who you are:
You have a deep background developing enterprise middleware with progressive experience as a leader. You have designed, built and maintained high volume mission-critical systems and have a firm grasp of cloud and hybrid cloud solutions. You are comfortable functioning with an emphasis on solutions architect or software architect depending on the need.
What you will do:
- You bring 10+ years’ full stack software experience across multiple technologies, languages and frameworks, 2+ years in an architect role
- Draw on experience to lead technical designs and implementation of highly scalable and adaptable systems
- Collaborate with senior engineers and technical product/program managers to plan and deliver solutions
- Leverage past experience to quickly and efficiently define common data structures and contracts meeting the needs of clients upstream and downstream of the eCommerce platform, including finance and accounting
- Leverage your experience designing scalable, resilient and secure systems
- Leverage past-experience with Agile software development to help improve team execution
- Quickly learn and become a subject matter expert for the eCommerce domain within Expedia based on similar past experience
- Help design and organize solutions to maximize DevOps
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience designing and building eCommerce systems
- Experience designing and building orchestration layers
- Diverse background with data storage and messaging technologies (RDBMS, NoSql, Document Store, in memory key/value, search systems)
- Cloud experience designing and delivering Hybrid Cloud
- Experience with native AWS database and messaging solutions
Relocation (Y/N): Y
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.