Senior Software Dev Engineer
Our Mission is to Revolutionize Travel Through the Power of Technology.
Ever wondered what happens behind the scenes at Expedia? Every second of every single day, we send two travelers on a trip. We sell enough tickets to fill nearly six hundred 737 airplanes each day, and our mobile apps have been downloaded more than 10 million times across 180 countries. We, the marketing technology team, is at the heart of this energizing environment, constantly adapting to the ever-changing travel and performance-based advertising landscape. We have projects that span a variety of focus areas, from working with applications powering different marketing channels such as Google Ads, Facebook and Meta, advertising various lines of business (Flights, Hotels, Cars, Packages etc.) along with building infrastructure/platform and services that support those applications lifecycles in the cloud and data centre. We work in a fast paced environment with the best technology on the market. We care about our teams with emphasis on a good work life balance for.
This is an opportunity for a Senior Software Developer who values clean and high quality code, enjoys solving meaningful technical problems and wants to make a huge impact on our business results. The technologies we currently work with are Spark, AWS, Kotlin, Scala, SQL, Java and NoSQL databases. You should enjoy learning new technologies, working on complex problems, big data and thrive in a dynamic and agile environment.
What you’ll do:
- You will use your creativity, first-class engineering skills, and technical knowledge to deliver features and improvements.
- You will work closely with architects and lead business critical projects.
- You will identify and adopt new technologies, frameworks and standard methodologies.
- You will improve the operational aspects of the platform with updates to our deployment process, test automation, performance tuning and monitoring.
- You will share your interests and passions with our fun-loving, active team.
Who you are:
- You possess significant professional experience in software development
- You possess in depth knowledge of micro-service architecture
- You have built high performing applications in AWS and setup continuous delivery practices.
- You are dedicated to writing and maintaining clean and high-quality code.
- You have an ability to rapidly acquire and learn new software skills and technologies.
- You are customer centric with excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- You have experience with big data, Spark, Scala, Kotlin and NoSQL technologies
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.