Senior Software Dev Engineer at Expedia Group
The Expedia Media Solutions Ads Engineering team is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer that is passionate about building and scaling our Advertising Targeting Platform. As an engineer with our advertising team you will work with technologies to design, develop and maintain our advertising platform. The ideal candidate is an engineer with extensive knowledge of the software development process and an understanding of distributed systems.
- Develop clear, elegant, and maintainable code primarily using Java, Scala, and design scalable, fault tolerant software components for serving ads
- Create and develop scalable customer facing web services
- Hands-on development mentality with a willingness to solve complex problems
- Demonstrate a structured approach to development (measuring, monitoring, and testing) and a deep understanding of object oriented design
- Solid grasp of algorithms and data structures Proficient with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Hands-on development mentality with a willingness to troubleshoot and solve complex problems
- Build a brand-new product end to end
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Lead, guide and mentor junior developers
- Strong object-oriented development skills.
- Hands-on development mentality with a willingness to troubleshoot and solve complex problems.
- Understanding of Linux system internals, administration, and scripting.
- Hands-on Experience build large scale web services in the cloud.
- Experience with distributed systems a plus.
- Experience in AWS is required.
- Experience working in Agile environment.
- Experience with Relational and no-sql databases.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies.
Description of the required work, including:
- Top desired 3 skill sets - Java, large scale web services, distributed systems (storm/flink/spark)
- Programs/Tools that will be used on the assignment (if any) – AWS tools
- Previous experience required/preferred – AWS, No SQL DB, SQL DB, Full stack development
- Examples of work you will like to see in addition to the resume - Open source tools
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.