Senior Software Developer, Armory
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Axon has revolutionized Law Enforcement with a suite of connected devices, cloud services and apps that work together to protect life, reduce social conflict and accelerate truth and justice. We are building and improving experiences for Axon device management, interview recording, and evidence uploading. This is an opportunity to own essential applications and services that represent an important part of Axon's connected devices mission. You will dive deep into a wide array of technology spanning C++, C#, Golang, React, and Scala. On your team, you will be surrounded by like-minded people who are passionate about our mission to protect life.
- Design and implement features and improvements to our Axon Interview product.
- Build experiences and services for managing Axon devices in an agency.
- Support and improve our Axon UploadXT and Evidence SYNC client applications.
- Working closely with program management, design, and other teams to craft and deliver key features.
- Be an example of excellence and a mentor for peers and junior developers.
- Your successful career has 5+ years of experience shipping high quality client applications and services.
- You have added significant features to a large application.
- You have experience scaling up quickly in new code and understanding its design and architecture.
- You have mastered multiple object-oriented languages (C++ / C# / Java ...).
- You have Windows development experience. You've driven the full software-development-life-cycle in client application development, support, and evolution.
- In your career, you have consistently learned new technology and shipped features with that technology.
- Golang experience.
- Electron client development experience.
- Qt development experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description