We are one of the main reasons it is possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers and we’re the leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies trust us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP, and toll-free phone numbers. We offer an intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API, and direct network connectivity. Businesses can use any computer or mobile device to reach their customers securely and reliably, every time. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S. and Canada, and we deliver billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Our strong venture backing allows us to intently invest in our product, technology, and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from strong investors- Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces. And now we’re expanding internationally- building teams and growing our presence in Calgary.
We are looking for an experienced senior software developer for our developer platform. You’ll be responsible for creating products that attract new customers to our platform through features and accessibility.
- Desire to leverage your expertise but also dive into lesser-known areas of technology, architecture, or whatever is needed to solve engineering day-to-day challenges
- Have an open and honest communication style that always puts the customer first “Will the customer be delighted with this?”
- Be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and a shifting landscape
- Be curious, willing to learn, share and improve
- You have a strong sense of ownership and accountability for the product you are delivering
- Designing and maintaining a public facing API
What You’ll be Working on:
- Responsible for designing, developing, testing, maintaining, and shipping high quality features and services that connect businesses to millions of customers
- Owning your code end-to-end from development to deployment and providing operational support through on-call rotations
- Building large scale, highly available and reliable micro service-oriented architecture
- Working collaboratively with product managers and stakeholders to deliver on product roadmap
The Skills you Have:
- 7+ years of related product development experience shipping multiple products/services
- Proficiency in at least one or more programming languages including Java, C#, C
- Strong customer focus and a passion for shipping great products
- Mentoring and coaching through design and code reviews
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), REST, object-oriented programming, and design patterns
- Commitment for engineering practices that ensure safe and fast paced releases of services
- Show organizational agility, cross-team collaboration, commitment to results, and written and verbal communications
- Experience engaging with customers and partners, both inside and outside of Zipwhip to understand their business needs and priorities, technological landscape, and roadmaps
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte
- Competitive salary and stock benefits
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Free on-site (virtual for now) weekly yoga and meditation classes
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a weekly Company update meeting (catered weekly lunch when on-site working) hosted by our CEO
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive Company
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
Zipwhip strives for an equitable, inclusive, and welcoming culture that values and honors diverse experiences and perspectives. We focus on fostering a culture of constructive expression of ideas and promotes intellectual curiosity, creativity, and respect. Equity and inclusivity can only flourish and reach full potential with continued effort and accountability, nourished by a collective sense of responsibility and mission on the part of the entire company. We are committed to the continued development of our diversity of people, ideas, and approaches, which will strengthen our mission to make texting with businesses as natural as it is with family and friends.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis; this includes, but not limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.