At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet.
The Passbook team is a startup within Remitly. We are building a new digital bank for immigrants and their families and was named one of Time's 100 best inventions of 2020. The team is intensely customer-focused and comprised of startup veterans. It's all the best parts of an early stage startup accelerated by the assets and competitive advantage of Remitly.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager for Passbook, you will work in modern Java and Go codebases, taking on some of our most challenging technical problems while building the next generation of our banking platform and APIs, mentoring others, and making sure the team has the right tools to succeed. Joining at such an early stage, you will have a large impact on the cultural and technical foundation of Passbook.
What you'll do:
- Participate in the ideation, technical design, and grooming of new features with a data-driven and customer-centric viewpoint.
- Implementation robust solutions to some of our biggest challenges while including appropriate guardrails for junior engineers.
- Help guide the technical direction and set standards of our backend banking platform to ensure that we are moving quickly while setting ourselves up for success in the future.
- Anticipate technical challenges within the team and implement architectural changes to address them.
- Mentor and support other engineers by working with them through large features.
Who you are:
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of building customer-focused software products, with a focus on the backend and APIs
- 2+ years leading large features with multiple engineers
- Comfortable building, shipping, and maintaining services and systems on AWS
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer