Senior Software Development Engineer - Android
From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the US. We connect millions of people every day, but we’re still as committed as ever to the founding mission: to build the simplest, most trustworthy local marketplace. We help bring people together in their communities to exchange value, and we think that exchange is the foundation for a kind of commerce that redefines what “value” really means. In our world, the things we buy and sell are just the primer for the really important stuff, like meeting our neighbors, getting more connected to the places we live and the things that live with us, and creating a marketplace where everyone has something to offer.
AT A GLANCE
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
The OfferUp Mobile Development Team is looking for a Senior Android Developer to join us as we disrupt the local mobile marketplace. An Android platform team member will have direct input into all aspects of our native Android application and mobile development process.
As a Senior Engineer on the team, you will own and execute projects from idea to delivery, lead architecture discussions, do regular code reviews, and mentor others as our team solves new and complex challenges. You share our passion for design and have a strong background in mobile development including a portfolio of Android applications.
- Help set priorities for the platform and broader client infrastructure teams, including design, architecture, implementation, and maintenance of the OfferUp Android application
- Provide mentorship to other team members, and create solutions and/or frameworks that make other team members better and faster
- Craft outstanding Android code, and conduct code reviews
- Create visualization of client metrics, and build out metrics pipelines
- 6+ years of professional software engineering experience, of which at least 3 years were devoted to Native Android
- Demonstrate expert-level Java and Android SDK skills
- Exceptional self-management skills during the execution of complex problems and tasks
- You desire a fast moving, continuous flow development environment
- Be comfortable with tools deploying and testing Android apps
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline
- You are highly organized and detail oriented
- Eligible to work in the United States
Nice to have
- Experience with:
- Google Location Services
- Image Loading Libraries such as Picasso & Glide
- Working knowledge of eCommerce payment systems
- Github repo with your own code we can view
- Existing Apps in the Google Play Store
Come do work that matters. Join a team that believes when we all work together, we get more out of things.
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.