Senior Software Development Engineer, Expedia Group eCommerce
Do you have experience designing internet-scale software systems? Do you have the startup itch and the passion to build a new business from scratch? Do you get excited about working in a small, nimble team laser focused on delivering customer (and commercial) value?
If you have an ambitious spirit, are deeply technical and analytical, and long for the opportunity to build solutions to problems that directly impact the company's bottom-line, we want to talk to you! We are searching for a Senior Software Developer who will build the systems and services behind a new set of commercial products. These new services will be high volume, mission critical systems and integrate with the Expedia eCommerce ecosystem. This is a highly visible project that is a great opportunity to be on the ground floor in launching a new product with high growth potential.
- Translate product requirements and business needs into technical solutions that meet operational and business needs
- Be able to develop scalable, tested and reliable applications and services
- Have practical experience delivering production services in a distributed SOA environment
- Lead by example in all aspects of the software development process using industry best practices
- Conduct peer code reviews and be a resource for junior developers
- Be able to work across multiple teams, QA and product management in an agile environment
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Education
- 8+ years of experience as a Software Engineer using multiple technologies, languages and frameworks.
- Excellent knowledge of Java, Rest APIs and SOA
- Experience in Cloud computing, preferably AWS
- Experience with message queuing (e.g. RabbitMQ, SQS) and data streaming (e.g. Kinesis)
- Practical experience designing and implementing high quality, production applications in a distributed SOA environment
- Passionate about code and large-scale system design
- Experience with eCommerce systems a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, or related discipline
WHY JOIN US
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.