Senior Software Development Engineer - Front End
From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and help more people discover value right where they are.
At a Glance
- 85+ Million Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
OfferUp is looking for an experienced Front End Engineer to join our fast growing team. You will have the opportunity to help our growing team across a wide variety of features and technologies, and your work will help millions of users find value locally.
- You will provide effective communication of your ideas within and across teams to create the right outcomes for your team and customers
- You will play a key technical leadership role on your team driving design, implementation, and delivery.
- Manage the quality and efficiency of your code, design, and implementation set a great example of best practices for engineers.
- Actively participate in mentorship of others through code and design reviews, helping improve skills, and teaching best practices.
- 7+ years of overall software development experience
- 5+ years of experience with cross browser compatibility, client side security, browser tuning and optimization techniques/tools
- 5+ years of experience in multi-tier large scale web architecture
- Knowledge in web optimization performance, and design patterns e.g. responsive design vs optimized design
- Proficient in 1 or more core languages (e.g. Java, C++, Python, Ruby, and Node.js)
- Understands front-end software best practices including client side performance optimization and how to mitigate information security risks.
- Understands software engineering best practices (e.g. automated pipelines, Operational Excellence, Information Security) and sets front-end software and UX implementation standards.
- Experience with deployments, dev ops, and / or AWS
- Experience working on Single Page Application (SPA), APIs, architectural patterns
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work independently or work with a cross-functional team
Nice to have
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive, and a track record of delivery
- Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Experience around any of the following: web package managers, Bower, bundler system, NodeJS, Python, webpack
- Experience with AWS Cloud infrastructure
- SEO experience is a plus
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come do work that matters. join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.