Senior Software Development Engineer - Identity at OfferUp
From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and help more people discover value right where they are.At a Glance
- 85+ Million Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
OfferUp is looking for an experienced developer to lead efforts for the Identity team. The team is responsible for building services that manage authentication, authorization, profile, ratings and reputation of all customers in our marketplace. These services are critical for securing requests on our platform, handling user logins, customer sign-ups & registrations and serving profile information for millions of buyers and sellers. They are also important for supporting our user growth across markets and delivering a trustworthy experience for OfferUp’s users.
Why join our team?
At many organizations, your role begins and ends with the code. On our team, we’re different. You own a feature from concept to fruition. Your responsibilities will include everything from writing well-architected and thoroughly tested code to rolling out the feature by analyzing metrics. You also get to take ownership beyond your technical area by working with cross-functional team members.
What you’ll do
- Develop features & services for identity and access management across our platform and services
- Develop highly scalable services and pipelines to store and process customer profile information
- Enrich our capabilities to collect signals and generate user ratings and reputation scores for buyers/sellers
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams (Catalog, Billing, Integrity, Data Science) to design and implement new features
- Collaborate with OfferUp-wide engineering teams to improve processes, surface common pain points, develop solutions and evangelize best practices
- Support, mentor, and help other engineers in the team
- Participate in a reasonable on-call rotations with the rest of the team
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 4+ years of experience developing web services
- Experience performing data analysis and translating the results into business recommendations
- Experience in working with data-driven applications at scale
- Strong coding skills in Java, Python, Scala, Golang or any other modern programming language coupled with strong knowledge in object-oriented design and microservices architecture
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Information Systems/Technology, Information Science, or a related discipline
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Experience designing and delivering highly available, large scale distributed systems
- Experience with security methods and communication transports (OAuth/OIDC, SSL/TLS, etc)
- Experience building online user profile, reviews and rating services or algorithms
- Experience writing code in Java or Python
- Experience in building RESTful microservices and resource oriented architectures
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure (DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, Redis, etc)
Come do work that matters. Join a team that believes when we all work together, we get more out of things.
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.