Senior Software Development Engineer, Marketing Platform at Remitly
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
On the Marketing Platform team you’ll be focusing on building great customer experiences that help them discover, consider and adopt Remitly while improving and expanding our acquisition and retention efforts. Your team owns building the systems that enable marketers to execute sophisticated campaigns, develops product marketing systems, integrates with third party advertising systems and provides marketing performance insights to drive business growth. Our marketing platform will enable the marketing team to do this at high quality, reliably and efficiently across thousands of markets worldwide.
What will you be responsible for?
- You’ll set and drive the technical direction for the team, making good tradeoffs between shipping code and technical investment and figure out the how.
- You’ll build frameworks and systems to help the marketing team operate autonomously and deliver product features rapidly, with a focus on quality and customer value.
- You’ll participate in the ideation, technical design, and development of new features with a data-driven and customer-centric viewpoint.
- You’ll partner with product and engineering management, influencing the product roadmap by presenting technical options and tradeoffs.
- You’ll create a positive, challenging, and rewarding environment for the team.
What kind of things will you work on?
- Work on improving our content management system to make it more powerful, scalable and easy to use for non technical people.
- Build scalable services that power promotions, segmentation and targeted messaging in our apps
- Architect and build workflow tools that make it easy for our paid marketing teams to run highly sophisticated and targeted ad campaigns.
- Build backend services that help power business needs like running complex promotions and perform analytics on large data sets.
What do we need from you?
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer.
- Experience defining and influencing technical designs and processes across a team.
- Experience working on full-stack products and proficiency with frontend development.
- A proven track record of shipping features and products to customers.
- Strong ability to develop, mentor, and influence other engineers.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Who we are
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.