Senior Software Development Engineer - Solutions
Do you like implementing innovative cloud computing solutions and solving technical problems?
Smartsheet is looking for our next Senior Solutions Software Development Engineer (SDE) to join the development team. Our business is built on finding top grade talent and getting out of their way while they build and improve our award-winning Software as a Service (SaaS) offering for collaborative work and project management. Our software team is small, highly efficient, and results oriented. We work in an agile apolitical environment that stays focused on building great software. Here you can use the latest web technologies to their fullest potential. We are looking for the most highly motivated and intelligent individuals. Here is a short video showing Smartsheet overview: Smartsheet Overview Video
This position is based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Participate in the entire development lifecycle, from concept to release
- Implement new features and improve the ones we have already built
- Build and maintain integrations with the big players in tech: Amazon Web Services, Google, Salesforce.com, Box, Microsoft, PayPal and others
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years web application development
- Familiarity with NodeJS and NoSQL data stores
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience implementing responsive designs for mobile, tablet, and desktop browsers
- Familiarity with SaaS apps (Google Docs, Salesforce, etc.)
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.