Blue Nile is seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to drive the creation of automated testing solutions that will enable rapid delivery of high quality software. Working alongside high performing SCRUM development teams your primary objective will be to craft a vision for the test automation program and implement it by building test frameworks, tests, and test tools for both GUI front end testing as well as API level and performance testing. Additionally, you will be working with the core architecture team to devise a strategy for integrating automated tests into the build and deployment processes and tools.
Excellent communication, leadership and problem solving skills are required for success in this position. As a senior member of the Quality Assurance Team, you will be passionate about creating the best user experience for Blue Nile customers. You’ll be a leader and mentor to the other members of the QA team as well as working with a variety of technical and non-technical business groups within the organization to understand and appreciate the benefits and capabilities of automation.
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our corporate offices are located in Seattle’s vibrant Pioneer Square district, home to the latest wave of internet startups and packed with restaurants and excellent access to transportation and entertainment. Our dress code favors jeans, and our facilities include bike racks, showers, and great access to the waterfront and Myrtle Edwards Park for activities.
- Define overall QA automation strategy and design of tests/frameworks
- Define, develop, and maintain BVT, Smoke, and Regression test suites
- Create reusable components in the framework that can be used by other engineers generating tests
- Maintain testing framework
- Extend automation suite to run on specific translated sites
- Develop automation to execute on mobile devices – tablets, phones
- Integrate automation suite into software build and deployment tools and processes
- Perform root cause analysis for defects related to automation test failures and assign to SCRUM teams for fixes
- Manage execution of automation in test environments, work with environment team to ensure that automated tests execute successfully in all environments
- Mentor and train QA staff on test automation
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or other technical field
- Strong understanding of how to design and create test automation using tools such as Node.js, Protractor, Selenium and Webdriver
- Knowledge of performance and scalability test approaches and automation
- Experience in a fast paced/ecommerce environment delivering weekly releases preferred
- Passion for finding bottlenecks and thresholds in existing code through the use of automation tools
- Strong team player able to manage changing priorities and assist other team members as needed
- Excellent communication skills - skilled at communicating with technical and non-technical groups