Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
We are an engineering team developing a product which focuses on the management of tax liability payments between thousands of our customers and tax jurisdictions around the world. As such, we are in search of a skilled Senior SDET to help us realize this vision. A team player to help us deliver the highest quality code through test automation and the latest CI/CD processes.
- Be a key participant in creating a Quality First, Zero Defects culture
- Drive improvement of CI/CD process, including automated test development and strategy
- Develop and execute automated tests – Functional, Regression, Smoke and Load/Performance tests
- Understand system functionality, design and data flow
- Monitor, manage and maintain test runs and provide clear reporting of test results and metrics
- Analyze test failures, and related system logs to find root cause and identify possible solutions
- Be introspective, always trying to improve yourself and the team around you
- Participate on a DevOps / agile team – full lifecycle – including design, planning, backlog grooming, testing and support
- Support production systems, including troubleshooting & bug fixes
- Occasionally work with auditors to assist with system audits
- Communicate potential risks, delays, concerns and status to manager
- Mentor others on best practices for test automation, CI/CD
- Most of all, be collaborative and work to advance the business, product and team
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an SDET, supporting teams delivering complex applications to large-scale production environments
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Experience creating and using test automation frameworks and tools for Agile teams
- Track record of being an effective leader and advocate for best QA practices for continuous deployment
- Experience understanding complex requirements to drive test strategies, data and plans
- Experience automating both Web UIs and REST API endpoints
- Experience with data validation and data-driven testing using SQL databases
- Strong QA skills: planning, exploratory testing, defect reporting and troubleshooting
- Experience working with solutions built on different technology stacks
- Experience working on AWS systems, including on-demand provisioning of resources in a test environment, as well as serverless technologies
- Experience with distributed collaboration tools such as Git, JIRA, and Confluence
- Experience with GitLab
- Experience with Jenkins
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.