At Remitly, we help people around the world send over $6 billion around the globe inspired by our mission to accomplish our promise to immigrants to send money across the world. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
As a Senior SDE at Remitly, you’ll report to an Engineering Manager and lead the design and implementation of complex components of our backend systems. You’ll build, own, and operate scalable and reliable services in a distributed environment. You’ll partner with other engineers and product managers to understand and meet our customers’ needs. You should reflect a growth and improvement mindset and have a passion for solving customer problems with quality engineering.
The Transaction Engineering team owns and operates the systems that orchestrate and process every remittance we serve. As part of the team, you’ll help ensure the reliable delivery of our customers’ money to their recipients, allowing them to understand where it is along the way. You’ll work directly with partner teams and product management to implement new product and business use cases, and you’ll drive system improvements to core components to increase their flexibility and scalability for the years to come.
- You’ll design solutions for ambiguous, large, or difficult technical or business problems.
- You’ll set the standard for quality and long-term code maintainability within the team.
- Your designs and implementations will be simple and scalable, and include guardrails for junior engineers.
- You’ll solve internal tooling and process problems, improving developer productivity and product quality.
- You’ll break down large projects into milestones and stories that can be accomplished by more junior engineers.
- You'll mentor more junior engineers, helping them grow in their careers.
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer.
- Experience building scalable services and distributed systems.
- Experience driving technical designs within a team.
- Expertise in one or more general purpose programming languages like Java or Go.
- Experienced mentor for other engineers.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer