Senior Software Development Engineer
Closing a home purchase should be a celebration, not a chore. At JetClosing, we use modern technology and streamlined process to create a less stressful, more transparent experience for consumers, while allowing real estate professionals to focus on what’s most important; being heroes to their happy clients.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer at JetClosing, you will use state-of-the-art cloud and mobile technologies to capture and systematize every aspect of the real estate closing process, making it actionable, accountable, and transparent. You'll have the chance to blaze new trails in a rapidly growing business, do full-stack development in emerging technologies, work closely with customers, and make meaningful contributions to our products and architecture.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build software within a small team that designs and develops our full technology stack, including React Native mobile apps, web apps, and serverless AWS Lambda backend.
- Work with and possibly lead a team to design, review, and implement product features.
- Design and manage code and configuration deployment in the public cloud.
- Build for the future, not just to solve the immediate problem.
- Work side-by-side with experts in title and escrow to create scalable tools and processes.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 5-8 years of professional software development experience
- An ideal candidate has experience working on all aspects of a web-based application, including:
- HTTP-based APIs and experience with server-side languages, such as Node.js or Python.
- JS-based web apps, including experience with promises and prototypes.
- HTML, CSS, and front-end build toolchains such as grunt or gulp.
- Database design and writing SQL queries.
- Source code management (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is desired:
- Building on top of AWS, and designing “serverless” architectures
Benefits and Perks
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- Health insurance, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k with company contribution
- Stock option grants
- Downtown Seattle location, near all major transit lines