Senior Software Development Engineer at Expedia Group
At Expedia our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology. We are seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer to join the Cloud team focused on developing the platform and tools that enable Expedia's journey to cloud. You will get the opportunity to influence direction of the team as we build future technical foundations.About the team
Our team has been empowering one of the largest cloud migrations in the industry by helping teams across Expedia (Hotels, Flights, Cars, Packages etc..) transform to be cloud-native. We are a software development team and our Cloud platform is aimed at managing end-to-end lifecycle of the applications running in cloud, ensuring security compliance and cost-efficiency.Key technologies we use
AWS, Java, NodeJS, Ruby, Python, Jenkins, Docker, ChefWhat you'll do
- Own the delivery of features through entire software development life cycle - from design through development, testing, deployment/release & support.
- Make technology choices for new projects/requirements
- Drive maturity of engineering standards and practices (improve code quality, application of good object-oriented programming techniques etc.) within the team
- Mentor and guide other junior members of the team, acting as a technical leader
- 8+ years of software development work experience
- Hands on experience with technologies like Java/C# and NodeJS
- Experience leading and influencing teams in design and development
- Ability to work on large scale initiatives that span across multiple teams
- Experience building applications that scale quickly and safely with a DevOps mindset
- Experience working in AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, or similar, is a plus
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-MH2Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.