Senior Software Engineer - Applications at Igneous
Senior Software Engineer - Applications
- Join the team building real-world applications that simplify management of PB-scale data
- Become part of a commercially successful & rapidly growing company that’s redefined Unstructured Data Management
- Solve complex, real-world problems at massive scale
Igneous creates a new approach to Unstructured Data Management that overcomes the modern challenge of file and object data at multi-petabyte scale. Deployable onsite, offsite, in any cloud, and for any protocol - our fully-managed service makes it simple to discover, protect, and move PB-scale data at blazing speeds. Data-centric organizations rely on Igneous Data-Management-as-a-Service to enable diverse workloads ranging from streaming media to curing cancer.
Our Applications teams are expanding, and we're looking for skilled Senior Software Engineers to join us in building enterprise apps that leverage our data management platform to solve real customer problems. We work primarily in Go – but no previous experience is required. If you like to build modern applications, work across the entire stack, and have an impact on customers, this could be your ideal role.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Applications team at Igneous, you will:
- Create, enhance, and support meaningful applications of the Igneous platform for our Enterprise customers
- Build modular, service-oriented software in cloud environments, working across the stack in a single language - Go (Golang)
- Keep building onto an already exceptional end-to-end customer experience
- Contribute to our CI/CD infrastructure
- Balance incremental improvement with long-term vision
- Join a team with a record of redefining entire industries - and that’s poised to do it again
Our ideal Software Engineer for this role will have:
- Several years of software development experience including at least some in a modern, open source, CI/CD environment
- An interest in Golang, Docker, and/or Linux development
- Experience tinkering across entire stack - from hardware to UI
- The desire to solve large, complex problems well outside your comfort zone
- Bonus points: experience with Golang, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS/GCP/Azure, ElasticSearch, Grafana, or any work in the realm of cloud, PaaS/IaaS, containerization, distributed computing, or storage & file systems
As a Senior Software Engineer at Igneous you’ll be joining a skilled and diverse team during this exciting time of rapid customer expansion. You’ll be part of the group expanding our application offering, creating solutions to real-world problems in a role that's highly visible within the organization. Our team provides significant ownership and impact at every level, excellent leadership, strong compensation (inc. benefits & equity), career development, and a culture built on quality.
Igneous are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as a core of company culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.