Protecting customer data and access to it, is at the core of building and retaining customer trust. How do you continue to secure customer data while providing more flexibility to customers to model their diverse access control and data-collaboration needs. As Outreach scales to meet the needs of our growing customer base, we simultaneously need to evolve our governance solution to empower customers to achieve just this. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to collaborate closely with Product and InfoSec teams in leading the team to conceptualize, design and deliver on this challenge.
About the Team
The mission of the AAAA team is to provide secure data access while enabling customers to flexibly model their workflow needs for collaboration and reporting. This team will work closely with the Product and Infosec teams at Outreach to design and develop their solution. In addition to the backend, the team will own the end to end experience for customers to set up, enforce and use access controls throughout the Outreach application.
- 5+ years of recent hands-on coding and software design.
- Recent experience building robust and scalable software.
- A track record of projects completed on time – you are a flawless executor, not a procrastinator. You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Familiar with continuous integration environments
- Previous exposure to data-intensive environments, including data modeling and integration conceptsA can-do attitude and good team player.
- Ability to prioritize your tasks properly for incremental delivery
- Experience with our technical stack: Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Elixir (or comparable functional language such as Golang), ElasticSearch, MySQL, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Willingness to learn new technologies (experience with other languages is okay too, but our code is Ruby on Rails, Elixir and Node.js, so you should be able to get up-to-speed on at least one of them - quickly).
- You embody our core values: We are hungry craftspeople, we have grit, we are honest, we take ownership, we have each other's back no matter what, we're one with our customers, and we find strength in diversity and inclusion.
- Proficiency in working with services written in Golang is highly desirable
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Womxn's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status