Senior Software Engineer, Backend
Are you interested in being a part of an Artificial Intelligence Marketing (AIM) company that is transforming how B2C enterprises engage with their customers; improving customer experience, marketing throughput and for the first time directly optimizing key business KPIs? Do you want to join a startup company backed by the top firms in the venture capital and SaaS industries? Would you like to be part of a company that prides itself on being a meritocracy, where passion, innovation, integrity, and our customers are at the heart of all that we do?
Then, consider joining us at Amplero, an Artificial Intelligence Marketing company that leverages machine learning and multi-armed bandit experimentation to dynamically test thousands of permutations to adaptively optimize every customer interaction and maximize customer lifetime value and loyalty.
You will make use of contemporary open source technologies as we develop our cutting-edge, machine learning system that takes a new approach to traditional marketing. A central component of our SaaS offering is the big data platform that needs to support both large scale batch processing and real-time decisioning while enabling continually-advancing data science and analytics needs. You’ll be joining our team to design and implement the systems that will support this value delivery to our customers.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate with other developers on the design and implementation of our core platform to deliver Amplero’s marketing optimization system.
- Bring insights from your past experience delivering scalable SaaS products and turn them into new software at Amplero.
- Mentor other software developers in both code production and quality.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 10+ years of software development and design experience with strong emphasis on the Java platform.
- A demonstrated record of delivering value through software product offerings.
- A strong desire and ability to learn new technologies.
- Ability to quickly pivot and act with agility as dictated by the needs of the business.
- A strong sense of enjoyment, pride and ownership in work that is well done.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, or related fields or equivalent work experience.
- Experience delivering big data solutions using the Hadoop ecosystem of technologies is a plus.
- Experience with performance tuning Hadoop ecosystem of technologies is a plus.
- Experience with containerization and delivering software via services is a plus.
The ideal candidate has some or all of the following:
- Experience with modern scale out platforms, such as: Hadoop, Spark, Impala, Kafka, Pig, etc.
- Docker and Kubernetes or similar technologies.
- Postgres SQL, Spring, GIT, Maven.
- Linux development experience, shell scripting.
Amplero’s Automated Message Optimization Platform enables global brands to maximize the value of their campaigns automatically and at scale. Driven by KPIs, the Amplero platform uses advanced, patented machine learning algorithms to discover valuable new micro-segments and determine the most relevant, compelling messages for each.
Amplero is a recognized industry leader in AI and Machine Learning. Amplero won an I-Com Data Creativity Award for Artificial Intelligence and was named a GeekWire Startup of the Year finalist. Amplero was also named a Gartner Cool Vendor in Artificial Intelligence for Marketing, a “Top 5 Most-Promising AI Startups” by VentureBeat and featured in Fortune Magazine for “CB Insights AI 100.”
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.