Senior Software Engineer - Business Scalability
- 6+ years as a professional software developer
- Proficiency with Python and Django
- Comfort working in different parts of the stack
- Experience with relational databases and schema design
- Interest in innovations within the global payments industry
- Rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices
- Bonus: Experience with internal stakeholders
- Bonus: Experience scaling architecture
- Bonus: Experience working with large and complex datasets
- Bonus: Proficiency with React
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high quality, scalable, supportable solutions.
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including a continuous deployment pipeline, automated testing, and deployment. Our engineers just merge their branch and it ships.
- We're serious about the quality of our production operation and have thorough system, application, and user interaction monitoring and anomaly detection.
- Our teams are integrated with developers, product managers, and designers working side-by-side.
- And dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
Why We'll Hire You:
- You're qualified for the position and your values align with Rover's Core Values.
- You get along well with others and thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- You're eager to learn and improve your craft as a software engineer.
- You're able to take loose requirements, work with others to figure out what needs to be done, and drive a project forward.
- You can be your own QA team.
- You have the intuition for when to call it "good enough" to ship and when to put in the extra time to polish.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year