Software Engineer II – Dynamics CRM
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion is looking for an experienced software engineer to enhance and customize our Microsoft Dynamics 365 solution! The role requires experience successfully building scalable systems to support the rapid growth of our company.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Design, implement and expand Dynamics 365 workflow activities, plugins, and web resources (JS, HTML, etc.) to address business requirements.
- Data integration of Dynamics 365 to and from other enterprise systems.
- Work with architects and dev team management to build clean, effective solutions.
- Investigate and resolve issues that negatively impact users of the Dynamics 365 application.
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years of technical experience developing and administrating Dynamics 365 (on-premise and/or online)
- A proven track record of 3+ years experience in the design and implementation of application infrastructures and architectures
- Hands-on experience developing .NET solutions
- Experience with source control systems, release management, and source code configuration control
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Strong software development skills in .NET and C# (v4.5 or newer)
- Experience configuring, customizing, and extending MS Dynamics 365 or later
- Ability to communicate effectively with the business analysts, program managers, business leaders, and SMEs to ensure solutions meet business needs
- Knowledge and understanding of design using S.O.L.I.D. principles, or an equivalent design
- Experience with SQL Server and ORMs (Entity Framework or similar)
High level of understanding of the following preferred (knowledge of all is not required or expected):
- Designing RESTful Web services
- Experience with PaaS cloud services on Azure, AWS, or equivalent
- IOC Containers (Castle Windsor or StructureMap or Ninject or Autofac or Unity, etc.)
- Unit testing. Familiarity with mocking frameworks (MOQ or Visual Studio Mocking Framework, etc.)
- NoSQL experience (MongoDB & REDIS)
- Microsoft WPF using MVVM pattern
- Microsoft Web API & Microsoft ASP.NET MVC
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.